Taps Bugler is honored to announce we are taking part in a great event to raise money for two worthy charities!
To honor and give thanks to the courageous men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces, Princess Cruises is launching our first fundraising sailing which is expected to generate $1 million for two charities committed to U.S. veterans — the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund Inc. and Operation Homefront Inc. Princess President and CEO Alan Buckelew, a Vietnam veteran himself, will be on board to host the cruise.
This 4-day Western Caribbean cruise from Houston, Texas departing November 5, 2013 will offer passengers the opportunity to honor both those who have served in the military, as well as active duty military personnel. We all know someone – whether it’s a friend, a family member or neighbor – who has served or who is currently serving in the military. This is our chance to support their efforts, and it’s as easy as taking a cruise to the Caribbean. Princess Cruises is dedicated to matching every dollar donated, up to $500,000.
A portion of every cruise fare ranging from $100 to $300 per person, depending on stateroom category, will be evenly donated on your behalf to the two Section 501(c)(3) exempt public charities and is tax deductible. If you join us, Princess Cruises will provide you with a written acknowledgment of your charitable contribution for your tax records. Don’t hesitate for your chance to join this very special opportunity – book now.
As part of our ongoing Military Cruise Benefit Program, active and retired military personnel choosing to book this cruise will receive a $50 onboard credit.
Onboard programming and activities to include:
- Special guests:
- Admiral Michael Mullen (Ret.), former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Mrs. Deborah Mullen
- General George Casey (Ret.), former Army Chief of Staff and Mrs. Sheila Casey
- General Norton Schwartz (Ret.), former Air Force Chief of Staff and Mrs. Suzie Schwartz
- Admiral Gary Roughead (Ret.), former Chief of Naval Operations and Mrs. Ellen Roughead
- Guest lecturers:
- Joe Galloway – Decorated War Correspondent and Co-Author of We Were Soldiers Once…and Young
- Justin Constantine – Lt. Colonel, USMC Reserve, speaker and veteran’s advocate
- Gregory Melikian – Former Army sergeant selected to announce the unconditional surrender of Germany and the end of WWII in Europe
- Evening flag lowering and Taps performance with Jari Villanueva – Retired Air Force bugler from Arlington National Cemetery and foremost authority on Taps and other United States military bugle calls
- Service branch get-togethers hosted throughout the voyage by our distinguished retired military senior officers
- Panel Discussion with Mrs. Mullen, Mrs. Casey, Mrs. Roughead & Mrs. Schwartz on the joys, challenges and changing dynamics of military family life
- Cruise deck walkabout for veterans
- Stars and Stripes Sailaway
- Military Film Festival
- Spectacular military themed shows and entertainment
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR BOOKING INFORMATION